Search This Blog

Cherry Flower Tattoo
sexy breasts tattoo
best art tattoo
butterfly tattoo
women tattoo

Friday, January 16, 2009

Single Loop Bike 1972

More Black and White Art.I did this art not long after seeing the Ed Newton art of the last post. Since Ed's art was in the Sept. 72 Big Bike, it helps me put a date on this drawing.The influence of Ed Newton's art is clear in this piece. I remember deciding not to take it serious and to just have fun drawing it as sort of a cartoon. I knew that his legs were too long but, what the heck?, keep going. It ended up having kind of a Robert Crumb feel to it.At that time, Custom Chopper magazine was featuring a bunch of single loop (VL style), frame bikes from northern California. Some other signs of the times: dual Posa injectors (slide carbs), and highway pegs.I was and still am a fan of the big flathead.

No comments:

Post a Comment