I REALLY! need to finish my '72 XLCH, and the only thing holding me up is paint. I'm building it on the cheap as just a simple bike for buzzing around town. It's been sort of a personal challenge to build it with as little money spent as possible and I've always thought, If I don't like the way it rides when it's finished, I'll just sell it. so again the less spent, the better.I have spares of just about everything including three sets of tanks and fenders.
Should I keep it a classic '72 with the stock front and rear fender, air cleaner, original H-D cobra style seat, and Gary bang sissy bar?
Or, the same except with bobbed fenders? Rear ain't bobbed here. This what I originally had in mind.Or...
Lately, I've been leaning to a more vintage look. Bobbed fenders, round air cleaner, and an old buddy seat? I could also do it this way but with stock fenders.I grow tired of colors fast so, paint will be one of the following: Black, Gray, White, or Orange (how'd that get in there?), with depending on color, Orange, Black, or White pin stripping.Yeah, '72's didn't come with fork boots but, I like them.To make matters worse, I also have the early '61-'66 4 gallon turtle tank and a boat tail.I shouldn't ask but,...
Any thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment